This rich, chocolaty and decadent cake is the ultimate chocolate lover’s dream…It’s almost as good as the classic chocolate mousse and even better !! This cake is composed of chocolate cookies and layers of chocolate Ganache, topped with chocolate icing is hard not to fall in love with it from the first bite !!
So how To Make a TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE?
YOU’LL NEED :
For The Cookie(s):
– Egg(s): 5 piece(s)
– Powdered sugar: 150 g
– Wheat flour: 135 g
– Unsweetened cocoa powder: 15 g
For The Ganache:
– Whole liquid cream: 20 cl
– Dark chocolate: 200 g
– Peanut oil: 8 cl
– Dark chocolate: 150 g
For The Mold (s)
– Soft butter: 10 g
– Wheat flour: 10 g
*For 6 people
HOW TO MAKE IT :
FOR THE COOKIE:
1. The first thing you have to do is to preheat your oven to 200 C (th. 6-7) then butter and flour the pan.
2. Next, make sure to mix and sift together the flour and cocoa powder.
3. Blanch the eggs and sugar with a mixer until the mixture is well frothy and has tripled in volume. The trick is that when traces can be formed, which remain drawn for a few seconds on the surface, the consistency is good.
4. And please incorporate then delicately the flour-cocoa mixture in powder with the help of a Maryse. Immediately pour the sponge cake into the mold.
5. Once done, bake at 200 C for 20 minutes. Finally, permit it cooled totally.
FOR THE GANACHE:
1. You’re going to get a salad bowl and place in the chocolate pieces.
2. You’ll want to bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan. Make sure half of it is poured over the chocolate pieces. Now that the chocolate has melted, gently stir starting from the center of the bowl and working toward the edges.
3. To finish, stir in the remaining cream. Always remember to cool slightly.
FOR THE ICING:
1. You’ll want to melt the chocolate with the oil in a double boiler.
1. Cut the cake into 3 discs as soon as it has completely cooled. Make sure a layer of ganache is placed between each sponge cake disc. And please finish with a layer of ganache. Alright now, you can pour the hot icing on top and let it coat the whole cake.
2. Allow the icing to set by letting stand in a cool place. I always serve in portions.